Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bread!

Today, I was absolutely bored out of my mind. There was nothing to do! My parents were glued to the couch watching the masters...congrats Charl Schwartzel...and my sisters were at birthday parties. So I decided to bake some bread. Yep, you heard right. I made BREAD from SCRATCH. I feel like a baking expert:)!!!  So now I am going to share my fabulous bread recipe with all of you! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 Tsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 Tsp. sugar
4 cups flour
1 Tsp. salt

First, combine your lukewarm water.....NOT HOT.....yeast, and sugar in a mixing cup. Let rise for about 15 minuets. This is what a website said to do, however mine did not rise or change one bit, but I was still able to make bread, so do not fear if it fails to rise!

dscf1667 150x150 How to make bread dough from scratch   Lets Get Baked
(what the Yeast is supposed to look like!)


Next, in a separate bowl combine the flour and salt. After the liquid mixture is done rising, combine it with the dry mixture. If you stir these two together you should get dough!!
(My Dough!)
Now you kneed the dough until it's soft and round, like the picture above. Note, it should be one solid piece. Once your dough is in a round ball, place it in a pan for cooking. Leave it in this pan with a towel over it for two to three hours. I know this seems like FOREVER, but it will allow the dough to rise even more and it's well worth it!



Finally put your dough in the oven (300 degrees) for however long you think it takes...honestly the times will vary! Your bread should begin to brown slightly at the top. After that, Bon Appetite! 


My Bread!!!


 I even made a turtle! (he is kinda deformed!)
Oh, and the most important step of all...just have fun with it! If your preoccupied with it being perfect, it will fail! So just let yourself go with it, and be ok with deformities, like my turtle!!! ;)



2 comments:

  1. wow! You have made it look so easy that next time i get some time when im bored, bread making is going to be at the top of my list!!! You're making me hungary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You should! It's really fun!

    ReplyDelete